Friday, August 24, 2012

Night and Day

What is the difference between a city in the daytime and a city at night? Often worlds and worlds, but you have to experience it -- and often photograph it -- to really know for sure. Our last post from the honeymoon au Quebec, and we show you some wonderful spots to adventure. Don't miss the words and images, at blog.amynelsonhahn.info...

Jour et nuit

As night turns into day,
I trail behind me
silken paths, snail-like --
I never want to leave --
where have I been before?
 where will I go here since?
 I wander into yet another
excruciating sight.
I fairly hate this town
for having made me fall
so fast in love with it,
and having quite so soon
to leave it all behind.
There are words for churlish girls
who play this game, but Canada --
I do not think I'll ever really leave you
quite behind; in day or night --
we are aligned.

(c) Amy Nelson McVeigh 2012

for photos please see 3733, 3734, 3736, 3718, 3716, 3722, 3725, 3728, 3719, and 3740 at blog.amynelsonhahn.info

No comments:

Post a Comment